1. Critical Patch Release Information
Resolved Known Issues
There are no issues for this Critical Patch release.
The following enhancements are included in this Critical Patch:
This critical patch updates
the OfficeScan server Global Settings to deploy a special antivirus
program compatibility registry key to OfficeScan agents during the next
Microsoft checks for this special registry key value on the machine before permitting next Security Update for Windows.
Microsoft KB4056892 is available on January 4, 2018 and requires that you have the special registry key installed before you can apply the update.
For more information about Microsoft KB4056892, refer to the following link: https://success.trendmicro.com/solution/1119183
2. Documentation Set
To download or view electronic versions of the documentation set for this product, go to http://docs.trendmicro.com
- Online Help: The Online Help contains an overview of features and key concepts, and information on configuring and maintaining the product.
To access the Online Help, go to http://docs.trendmicro.com
- Installation Guide (IG): The Installation Guide contains information on requirements and procedures for installing and deploying the product.
- Administrator's Guide (AG): The Administrator's Guide contains an overview of features and key concepts, and information on configuring and maintaining the product.
- Getting Started Guide (GSG): The Getting Started Guide contains product overview, installation planning, installation and configuration instructions, and basic information intended to get the product 'up and running'.
- Support Portal: The Support Portal contains information on troubleshooting and resolving known issues.
- To access the Support Portal, go to http://esupport.trendmicro.com
3. System Requirements
- Copy the CriticalPatch executable file to a temporary folder on the server, for example, "C:\temp".
- Double-click the file. The modules are automatically copied to the correct destination.
This CriticalPatch installation package automatically rolls back the OfficeScan server to its previous configuration if there are problems during installation. If you encounter problems after installation, do a manual rollback.
To manually roll back to the previous build:
- Locate the backup folder that the CriticalPatch package created in the
"XG SP1: \PCCSRV\Backup\CriticalPatch_B4430" directory.
- Stop the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Stop the OfficeScan CMAgent Service.
- Copy the backup modules to the original folders.
- Start the OfficeScan CMAgent Service.
- Start the OfficeScan Master Service.
5. Post-installation Configuration
No post-installation steps are required.
NOTE: Trend Micro recommends that you update your scan engine and virus pattern files immediately after installing the product.
6. Known Issues
There are no known issues for this Critical Patch release.
7. Release History
There are no prior hotfixes.
8. Contact Information
A license to Trend Micro software usually includes the right to product updates, pattern file updates, and basic technical support for one (1) year from the date of purchase only. After the first year, you must renew Maintenance on an annual basis at Trend Micro's then-current Maintenance fees.
Contact Trend Micro via fax, phone, and email, or visit our website to download evaluation copies of Trend Micro products.
NOTE: This information is subject to change without notice.
9. About Trend Micro
Smart, simple, security that fits
As a global leader in IT security, Trend Micro develops innovative security solutions that make the world safe for businesses and consumers to exchange digital information.
Copyright © 2018, Trend Micro Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Trend Micro, OfficeScan, Data Loss Prevention, and the t-ball logo are trademarks of Trend Micro Incorporated and are registered in some jurisdictions. All other marks are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
10. License Agreement
View information about your license agreement with Trend Micro at: http://www.trendmicro.com/us/about-us/legal-policies/license-agreements/
Third-party licensing agreements can be viewed:
- By selecting the "About" option in the application user interface
- By referring to the "Legal" page of the Administrator's Guide